Saturday, June 26

Transgendered Rabbit Mistake



Weirdness is very persistent in finding me, especially at work. Today’s story is a good one, I even have documentation. As a matter of fact, this story is so good it will validate me that I am not completely insane, it really is everyone else!
Meet Blanche. She may appear to be an ordinary white rabbit, but she is hiding something. Her secret is she is in fact a transgendered rabbit! Okay, so not quite but there was a fair bit of a mix up, especially since she was spayed. Blanche came to be from a local animal shelter. According to the first intake form Blanche is a white, altered, female rabbit of about 1 year of age. Upon examination I discover a surgical scar down her abdomen which should have confirmed the altered part of the intake form.
Great! So I start looking for someone to adopt this rabbit. I finally find a lady who is looking for another female rabbit for her rabbit, Alice. We meet on Memorial Day and she takes Blanche home. Today, I get a call basically Blanche has been mating with Alice. I figured not to worry that occasionally happens for dominance and what not… However, the lady continues explaining that Blanche has developed a set of balls and a penis. Oh snap! My god what did they remove from this rabbit!
Check out the paperwork that we found!
Wait does that mean they cut open Blanche, found no testes or uterine tissue and closed him back up! Sure does! But it also continues to say Probable male, already neutered.... Opps, and if his balls just dropped that certainly makes him less than a year old! What kind of education does a vet need....
What a day, what a day.

At least the lady would like to keep Blanche as long as the shelter is willing to "re-alter"him once more..



No comments:

Post a Comment